Ashbury, Ashfield, Broadway, Burwood, Balmain, Burwood Heights, Breakfast Point, Concord, Croydon Park, Enfield, Erskineville, Five Dock, Haberfield, Homebush, Homebush West, Lilyfield, Marrickville, North Strathfield, Rhodes, South Strathfield, Ultimo, Woolloomooloo Child Care Centres.
St Anthony’s Family Care - Discover & Learn Program
The Discover & Learn Program offers a center based group program within an inclusive Early Learning Centre for children 0-6 years who have a developmental delay or disability.
The program is targeted at supporting children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to help them gain new skills alongside their peers with the support of trained professionals.
Our centre offers:
- High staff to child ratios
- A multi-disciplinary team including a Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Early Childhood Teachers and experienced early childhood educators
- An educational program developed for each child based on the national Early Years Learning Framework and individual needs
- Fresh, nutritious meals including, breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Long Day Care hours from 7:30am to 6pm
10 children per day attend the structured program, allowing for staff to provide greater support for skill development.
The daily program is based on the The SCERTS® Model and helps children to achieve
- Social Communication – the development of spontaneous, functional communication, emotional expression, and secure and trusting relationships with children and adults;
- Emotional Regulation - the development of the ability to maintain a well-regulated emotional state to cope with everyday stress, and to be most available for learning and interacting;
- Transactional Support – the development and implementation of supports to help partners respond to the child’s needs and interests, modify and adapt the environment, and provide tools to enhance learning (e.g., picture communication, written schedules, and sensory supports).
- Specific plans are also developed to provide educational and emotional support to families, and to foster teamwork among professionals.
St Anthony’s Family Care understand that the family is most significant in supporting children and assisting them to achieve their greatest potential. Staff within the service work closely with families to identify key priorities and concerns and to ensure that service delivery is consistent within the context of the family.
For more information or to take a tour of our site please contact us on 9747-5782 or via email
For more information contact us
or fill in your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible